What This Site Is About:
Our reviews are unbiased, informative, and enjoyable to read. We use everyday language, and unlike other sites, we don’t go for the hard sell. We just give you the facts as we see it, author information, and let you decide for yourself. How refreshing!
Who Am I??
My name is Reginald E. Burnette, and I am the site owner and publisher. I am an avid reader, and have been so since about age 8. An “avid” reader is just another way of saying I’m a bookworm, and proud of it.
My mom introduced me to mysteries and thrillers when I was in grade school. She’d joined a book club, would read the books, and if she thought they were appropriate, pass them on to me.
Sometimes, if she didn’t think it was appropriate, I’d fish it out the trash, and read it anyway (LOL). And then I got caught…another story!
I am a military veteran, and somewhat of an armchair adventurer. I also have a keen interest in aviation, cars, science, and photography.
A few other things you might find interesting about me
- I have one daughter and 2 grandsons
- My mom is almost 90, and can still read faster than I can
- I learned to appreciate airplanes in the U.S. Air Force
- I learned to appreciate fast cars when I was in high school and watched Route 66 on television
- I started drawing when I was about 12
- I love television crime shows (Criminal Minds may be my all-time favorite)
- I was a super-hero in a former life (just kidding)
- I used to be a long distance runner before my back gave out
- I think computers are wonderful but they will never replace curling up with a good book in front of a warm fire
- I stated photographing when I was in my 30’s (long live Ansel Adams)
- I think the best things in life are good friends, a good laugh, good food, and of course, good books